Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation and New York

Yesterday was a busy day.  In the morning, Eric graduated college. Montclair State University graduation is an absolute madhouse.  It is held at the Izod center in NJ, making it nearly impossible to find the person you are looking for without a series of "where are you" phone calls and texts.  Stressful, loud, and slightly boring, it's an exciting part of leaving college.

Congratulations to Eric and to the rest of the class of 2011!

After spending some time with his family, we headed into the city to the Museum of Natural History.  The Museum of Natural History is hands-down my favorite museum in the city.  I have been numerous times, and it seems as though every time I go I see something new.  Also, Eric and I had our first date there, so I guess it holds a special place in my heart.  On select nights, the museum opens up the planetarium at night and turns it into a night club of sorts.  The DJ and the dance floor were set up in between the exhibits.



The ticket kiosks even sold drink tickets instead of event tickets! 

It was a bit pricey ($25 to get in) but according to the flyer, we can go back with our tickets any time in the next six months and spend a day at the museum for free.  Overall, the event was a lot of fun.  I'd definitely do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment